If you want that people notice what you have to offer you must make an effort to stand out from the crowd. Be unique. Try to think out of the box! here are some tips on how to do that
Take a look at below picture. Both very cute baby’s. If you were walking in a crowded street thinking about all the things you have to do today, which one is most likely to make you turn around and watch?
The answer is obvious. It is unusual to carry a baby in a grocery bag. My son (the baby is Bram, my grandson) got a lot attention in the shopping mall while carrying his son like this. Many people stopped and asked questions: how old is he, why do you carry him in a shopping bag, etc. And I asure you there were many more cute baby’s in the shopping mall.
Do you see the parallel with online marketing?
The internet is crowded with people that are trying to make a living by selling products and/or services. If you want that people notice what you have to offer you must make an effort to stand out from the crowd. Be unique. Try to think out of the box!
There are many ways you can do this.
- headlines that arouse curiosity
- appealing graphics, funny, beautiful, or…
- try to write your own texts. Make an effort to make it pleasant to read. A touch of humor often works very good.
- try to approach a topic from a diffrent angle
- details: many people “scan” pages. If there is a possibility to add a featured picture, do so. Your contribution will grab more attention at first glance than the ones without one. Remember that when you share it is often posted with a picture if available.
Paula van Dun